The Tax Collector is responsible for the billing, collection, and reporting of the tax levy for the Township of South Hackensack. The Tax Collector also adjusts the tax accounts for tax appeals, senior citizen, disabled and veteran’s deductions.
Tax bills are mailed out in the third quarter of every year usually in July. The original bill will be mailed to your mortgage company, if you have one. Homeowners will receive an advice copy.
Tax payments are due quarterly based on a Calendar Year:
- February 1st
- May 1st
- August 1st
- November 1st
Payments can be made in person or by mail to the above address. Please enclose a stamped/self addressed envelope for the return of a receipted bill. Checks are made payable to the Township of South Hackensack. Credit cards are not accepted for payment.
Please be mindful of the following:
- N.J.S.A. 54:4-64 - Failure to receive a tax bill does not relieve the obligation of the taxpayer.
- Tax bills should be given to the new owner or his paying agent upon the sale or exchange of the property.
- Each quarter is delinquent after the published due date. Interest will be charged at 8% per annum on the first $1500 and 18% per annum on amounts over $1500.
- N.J.S.A. 54-67 - Penalty of 6% will be charged on any delinquency in excess of $10,000 if not paid by the end of the fiscal year.
- Delinquent payments will first be applied to interest with the balance against taxes.
- Returned checks will incur a $20 handling charge.
View Property Taxes Online
View property taxes billed and paid - CLICK HERE