Municipal Court FAQ
The Court must remain impartial to everyone involved in a case. The following is a list of what the court staff can and cannot do for you. We will try to answer any questions you have under these guidelines.
The Court CAN...
- explain and answer questions about how the court works
- tell you what the requirements are to have your case considered by the court
- give you some information from your case file
- provide forms that are available and offer guidance on how to fill out the forms
- answer questions about court deadlines
The Court CANNOT...
- give you legal advice - only an attorney may do so
- advise you whether or not you should bring your case to court
- give you an opinion about what will happen if you bring your case to court
- recommend a lawyer
- talk to the judge for you about what will happen in your case
- let you talk to the judge outside of court
- change an order issued by a judge